To reward bookshops promoting the New Zealand Book Awards for Children and Young Adults finalists in the lead-up to the 12 August winners’ announcement, the NZCYA team is collaborating with Booksellers NZ in an exciting display competition.
There is $500 in Book Tokens to be given away for the best North Island and the best South Island bookstore displays. A runner-up will also be picked from each island for a tasty lunch, compliments of stalwart NZCYA sponsor HELL Pizza.
All shops have to do is pile up the 2020 NZCYA finalist books in a prominent place in their store or window, use the promotional material they’ve been sent, add a little extra creativity, then send us a photo of the display.
We’ll be considering these factors when judging the displays:
- The range of finalist titles included in the display
- The way in which the promotional material provided has been used
- Additional thought that has been put into making the display eye-catching and informative
- The length of time the display has been up in-store
- That the display has been shared on the shop’s social media using the hashtag #NZCYA, and tagging NZCYA social pages:
Photos of the display and/or a link to a social media post showing the display should be emailed to email@example.com by 5 August latest.
The judging panel will make their decisions on 10 August and the winners will be announced in The Read and the NZ Book Awards Trust newsletter on 13 August. The 2020 winners in the New Zealand Book Awards for Children and Young Adults will be announced in a virtual presentation from 6pm on 12 August.
If you have any queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org