Once you have planned and registered your event, it's time to publicise it! You are responsible for promoting your event/s to local media and wider community networks.
In addition to your calendar entry and online poster, we recommend that all event organisers:
- Create at least one online presence for your event in addition to the calendar and your usual website (e.g. Facebook event, Twitter profile, Eventfinda, The Big Idea) and include the URL hyperlinks in your calendar blurb
- Send a press release to local media to arrange promotional coverage of your event and the nationwide calendar
It is a requirement to:
- Include the names of all contributing poets in all major promotional materials.
- Prominently display the Phantom Billstickers National Phantom Poetry Day logo and web address in all promotions.
We encourage you to also think of other creative ways to advertise, publicise and promote your event, both online and off! You might like to try poster runs, flyer drops, community notice boards, radio interviews, or even creating your own YouTube videos. We will send you a handy pack of contacts and links to get you started when your registration is confirmed.
Key publicity dates
- 13 June — deadline for confirmation of event registration
- 8 July — deadline for final event calendar blurbs and draft posters (send to national administrator)
- 11 July — Competitions calendar posted online, date of first national media release
- 22 July — deadline for final posters (send to national administrator)
- 1 August — Calendar of events posted online
- 22 August — date of second national media release