There's a lot involved in executing a successful Phantom Billstickers National Poetry Day event, but it is also a lot of fun. Here are some tips to help you keep things organised.
Leading up to Phantom Billstickers National Poetry Day, you should:
- Organise a few volunteers to help with your promotions and set-up
- Prepare a detailed timetable or checklist which makes note of important times, actions, resources and people, and allows for contingency situations. if you are planning multiple events, prepare a timetable or checklist for each one!
- Contact all your participating poets and make sure they are ready to go.
- Depending on the scale of your event, have a full production meeting or run-through.
- Check you have the technical equipment you are going to need and delivery of any hire equipment.
- Download the Guidelines Pack for a step-by-step guide.
On Phantom Billstickers National Poetry Day, you should:
- Work from your timetable or checklist to ensure your event runs as smoothly as possible.
- Make sure that poetry books are on sale (where possible).
- Remember to document your work and to take photographs, both for your own records and to assist with reporting.
- Remember to thank your participants and sponsors.
Please remember that you are also required to report on your event after it has taken place.You will be sent a link to an online form the week after events wrap up.